Spiral Wound Gasket
|Size||1/8" (3.2 mm) Nominal, .125" +/- .005" (3.2 mm) Actual|
|Pressure||Max 10000 PSI|
- Nominal: 3/16" (4.8 mm)
- Actual: .175" ± .005" (4.5 mm)
Champion ST 51 Metallic Gaskets
|Size||1525 x 1650 mm|
|Pressure (Bar)||10 Bar|
|Max Temperature||480 deg C|
|Max Pressure||100 kg/cm2|
- Used for a wide range of industrial application & Engineering Service conditions which do not warrant the use of high grade material.
- IS-2712 - 1979 Grade W / 1
- IS 2712 - 1971 Grade A / S
- IBS 2815 - 1973 Grade A
Size: 1525 x 1650 to 5000 mm
|Thickness||1.0 mm (Metallic)|
|Diameter||500 mm (Metallic)|
|Metal Temperatures||-200A Deg C to + 3000A Deg C|
|Pressure Range||up to 200 kg/cm2 (Non- metallic), up to 800 kg/cm2. (Metallic)|
Grafseal Gasketsare premium products for flanges capable of withstanding extremes of temperature and pressure. These gaskets are also suitable for flanges of enamel or glass. Gerafseal Gasket will not damage these sensitive flanges, as it contains no binder or filler and its characteristics remain constant.
- The resiliency and compressibility of the Gasket is excellent; it can easily adapt to any flange irregularities even at low surface pressures. If the Grafseal Gasket is compressed further during assembly, resiliency increases with the result that the gasket can behave dynamically from cryogenic to molten metal temperatures (-200Â°C to + 3000Â°C).
- Even with frequent temperature and load changes or vibrations, Grafseal Gaskets remain dimensionally stable and provide a complete leak proof joint without embrittlement or hot/cold flow characteristics. It is possible to seal even flanges which are corroded or pitted with Grafseal Gasket without spending time working over the flange. These gaskets have extraordinarily good thermal stability and co-efficient of expansion similar to Steel. Non- metallic gaskets are recommended for pressures up to 200 kg/cm2 and metallic gasket up to 800 kg/cm2.
- The high performance characteristics of Grafseal Gaskets ensure operational efficiency, longer life,and reduced maintenance and hence they are economical to use when compared to conventional gasket materials.
- These gaskets have no ageing characteristics and remain leak proof under moderate bolt loads and do not require precision bolt tightening.
Standard Thickness: 0.38 mm , 0.5 mm, 0.8 mm,1.0 mm,1.5 mm, 2.0 mm, 3.0 mm
Standard Diameter: Maximum 500 mm for thickness, 0.38 mm and 0.5 mm; Maximum 1000 mm for other thickness
Standard Thickness: 1.5 mm and 2 mm
|Color||Gray, Black, Blue etc|
|Ambient Pressure||1 - 2 bar|
- The Gasket should not be porous to the fluid being sealed.
- The gasket should compress into the inperfections on the flange to create initial seal on application of sealing force.
- Gasket should not show significant creep under the influence of load and temperature. Such flow will allow the bolts to relax, reduce gasket surface stress and cause leakage.
- The gasket should be capable of catering to slight distortion between the flanges.
- The gasket should withstand chemical attack from the media being handled.
- The gasket has to be easily dismantled after use.
- The gasket should be able to withstand effects of temperature of the confined media.
- The gasket should not cause corrosion of the flange faces.